Saturday, January 19, 2008

Body Pump

Ok, so in my quest to get my outside uhhh smaller and toner before the big day I've headed back to the gym. In my previous life I used to go to the gym practically everyday. I kinda made up my own little routine. It worked then. But I'm almost sure that no matter what you did at the gym if you go every single day you would see results. Since my life was way less complicated back then it wasn't a big deal. Now I don't really have that time (ok I don't really have the want) to go everyday, I need to find a more effective routine.

So I've turned to the classes. I never thought I would find myself attending these just because the idea of someone barking orders at me for an hour really didn't seem my bag. Then my friend Beth dragged me to a Body Pump class. Honestly, I have really liked it. First you can modify the class to somewhat fit you. Add more weight, take more off and the music is great. There's both women and men in there. The men crack me up because they load up all this weight on their bar and halfway through the song they are grunting and eventually have to stop and take it down a bit. And they leave before the stretching at the end...uhhh hello cramping! Before I never found weight lifting to be any sort of a cardio workout...uhh this class makes you sweat. So you somewhat get the weight loss with the muscle tone....awesome!

I'll keep you posted on how it works. Right now I'm trying to hit the class up 3 days a week and hopefully to add some straight cardio too. We'll see...at least it's something!

This weekend should be great...it's a 3-day weekend for me! Woohoo! I have so many different ideas of what I want to get done this weekend...it makes my head spin! We will see how much I get done or I might just take it easy and bum around the house...oooh that sounds nice too!

No comments: