Monday, January 21, 2008

Day off???

So I was lucky enough to have today off....at least I think. It was nice to just have a day off since I worked all through the holidays except for Christmas Day and New Years day. I was swirling with ideas last night of what I wanted to get done. Most of the weekend was spent either relaxing, soaking up the last bit of football or running errands. Since the holidays the house needed some straightening up...bad!

I was lucky enough to get to sleep in. Jason was having trouble sleeping so he got up early and tended to the dog, Goldy. Usually she tries to roust me around 6am no matter weekday or weekend. So I was very thankful to Jason for getting her fed so she can just go back to bed and leave me alone...too bad he didn't get much sleep(sorry babe). I woke around 8am and caught up on a few trash tv programs that I will not divulge their names....I have some dignity!

Then I stumbled down the stairs, started up the coffee pot. Then I looked through my cds to find some good cleaning music. Unfortunately most of my cds are in a box in the garage. Jason was working on burning all my cd to the computer. Which is great I thought...but uhh I have no clue how to get those stupid mp3s to play through the speaker system downstairs. I thought about trying it but instead I found a few great ones to play. It felt good to crank the music up and just clean and organize. I hadn't done that in ages. Soon it was 11:3o and my wonderful fiancee had brought me some great lunch! I was very glad to see him, have lunch with him and not have to leave the house.

Jas went back to work, then I headed off to grocery shop for dinner...I know, me cooking??? Yeah I decided to go fully domestic today. I made a batch of chili from a slow cooker cookbook by Sandra Lee. Ok so it's not full cooking but I love that chili. It's got turkey, black beans and zucchini(you can't tell). Yeah, I really can't stand her or her show...but the recipes are good and easy and this one is super healthy!

I finished up cleaning and organizing the whole downstairs floor. Finally the christmas decorations are away (yes we are the tacky people with lights still up, at least they weren't on), the bathrooms are all clean, the kitchen is clean, I found our kitchen table, and the dog hair is under control, at least for the time being. Throw in making cornbread, 3 loads of laundry and I am one tired little housewife. I thought most of today how I actually could see myself staying home and being happy doing this everyday, but now feeling absolutely exhausted...I might have to rethink that, maybe just part time. Anways, I'm finishing up my 3rd blog post on the couch loving how great the house looks, the last load of laundry is almost done and Entourage season 3 disc 2 is all cued up for us to watch....life is good!

2 comments:

Jason Haberman said...

You do good work... maybe I'll keep ya around...

:-D

Sarah said...

Dude, our Christmas lights are still up outside..we join you in tackyland. We too, do not turn them on. But, they are up in full force. Our neighbor usually is taking his down by noon on Christmas day but this year he procrastinated so I thought YAY, we can too! (as if it matters?) I noticed yesterday he had taken his down. WELL! For fear of snapping all of my precious little frozen tree branches off when I try to remove the lights, I will continue to wait. Well, atleast I think that sounds like a good excuse.

Jason's comment to this blog cracked me up..